Family Support Services
“Empowering families to reach their full potential”
Our Family Support Services offers a whole family approach and works with any families requiring support where there is a child under 5 years of age.
We work with families dealing with mental health problems, difficulties with parenting or with their own relationship, domestic abuse, children with behavioural difficulties, problems engaging in education, emotional or physical welfare issues, supporting older members of the family, and financial and material hardship. Our work is based on the principle of empowerment, working with families, supporting them into universal services until they are able to manage without support.
Our aim is to strengthen families and communities by building skills and resilience, preventing family breakdown and improving outcomes for children, their parents and other members of the family.
- Work starts with the family’s own perspective of the action they need to take, in conjunction with the issues identified by professionals.
- We offer home-based, practical flexible family support tailored to the family’s identified needs.
- Our intervention is targeted, regularly reviewed and time scaled.
- All our services are led by qualified Family Support Workers implementing a multi-agency approach.
- Working holistically across the extended family is fundamental to Woodnewton Trust’s approach and we strive to support stable, positive family networks in which all family members are able to thrive.
- Our work supports families when they face complex needs and challenges -including domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health issues.
When deciding if a family needs our support service, a meeting with the family will be arranged to discuss the types of support. Sometimes an Early Help Assessment (EHA) tool is used to assess those needs. A support plan will be agreed with the family and may involve other agencies as appropriate.
Woodnewton Trust Family Support Team:
Julia Kitson – Children Centre manager
Kerry Wortley – Lead Family Support Worker
Erin Murison – Family Support Worker
Gemma Dennison – Family Support Worker
Lesley Durkin – Family Support Worker
Carole Dickson – Family Support Worker
Caroline Parke – Administration support.
Some of the programmes that we offer include:
- Sleep Solutions
- COOL TALK
- Stay and Play sessions
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Health Visitor Drop-in clinic
- Home Visits
- Early Education Entitlement
- Helping families to access other agencies. For Example: Citizens Advice Bureau, Job Centre Plus, Adult Learning
We are happy to provide further information about any aspect of our support service.
Please click HERE to access our latest timetable.
How to refer in to our support service:
Please download a referral form at the bottom of this page.
All referrals to be sent to the Email address - CorbyChildrenCentres@northamptonshire.gov.uk
All referral are discussed on a weekly basis at the family referrals meeting, upon allocation of the family notification will be sent to the referrer and initial contact with the family will be made within 2 weeks of the referral being received.